While aging is a normal, natural part of life, sometimes you might want a little help with retaining a youthful glow. Here are some tips and treatments to keep your skin looking and feeling great as you age.
How Skin Changes as We Age
One of the best things we can do to keep our skin looking youthful as we age is preventing it from happening in the first place. The earlier you start a skincare regime the better. If you live here in Florida or another sunny spot, make sure you are wearing sunscreen every day! Preventing sun damage is one of the most important steps you can take to maintain healthy skin.
Here are some changes you might start noticing with your skin:
- Decreased elasticity
- Darker pigmentation
- Pore size
- Pronounced fine lines
- Thinner skin
- Sun damage
Anti-Aging Skin Care Tips
It’s never too late to start taking care of your skin. No matter what age you can build healthy habits and help reduce the effects of aging. Here are some tips:
- Moisturize: While moisturizer cannot prevent fine lines and wrinkles, dry skin can cause them. Keep your skin hydrated to reduce dryness. Be sure you are drinking enough water to stay hydrated from the inside.
- Healthy eating: Make sure you are getting enough fruits and vegetables in your diet for both skincare and overall health. Look for foods with antioxidants and lots of nutrients.
- Stress less: It’s easier said than done, but stress can cause a lot of health problems, including skin quality. Try to spend a few minutes decompressing with yoga or meditation and make sure you are getting enough sleep.
- Sun protection: It bears repeating: Wear sunscreen every day! Consider hats and clothing with UPF for even more sun protection.
- Gentle cleansing: It can be tempting to use abrasive products to clean your skin, but the gentler the better. Irritation can accelerate the effects of aging on the skin.
Our medical spa in Miami offers a variety of non-surgical solutions to treat those fine lines and wrinkles while bringing back a more youthful look.
- HydraFacial: The HydraFacial technology and serums create a vortex effect to easily dislodge and remove impurities while simultaneously delivering hydrating skin solutions. It is a quick and simple procedure that addresses a multitude of skin issues.
- BOTOX®: This FDA approved treatment is injected into facial muscles to decrease the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Patients typically notice results 48 hours after the procedure.
- Juvederm™: This treatment uses injectable hyaluronic acid dermal filler that can correct moderate to severe wrinkles, crow’s feet and lines running from the nose to the edges of the mouth. Results can last as long as one year.
It’s important to note that there is nothing wrong with aging, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to give your skin a little help as you age. There are numerous treatments you can do at home to help improve the look and feel of your skin. If you want some extra help, contact our office to schedule your medical aesthetic treatment.